- Small raw, shrimp – 4 servings (452g)
- 10 links Cajun Style Andouille Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 14oz frozen red, green and yellow pepper strips
- 16oz frozen peas
- 24oz riced cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 2/3 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- In a bowl, combine shrimp 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon, 1/2 curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Mix to evenly coat shrimp.
- In a 12inch skillet, heat 1T EVOO. Add garlic and mix until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook until it is no longer translucent. Remove shrimp from skillet and put in a bowl.
- Add sliced sausage to the skillet and cook until browned. (I didn’t think of this until after I sliced all the sausage, but next time, I would grill sausage first, then slice it and skip this step. This is mostly because it feels like it takes FOREVER to brown the sausage after it’s sliced.)
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and let it mingle in the bowl with the shrimp.
- Add the bell pepper to the skillet with a sprinkle of salt and cook it til it’s no longer frozen and smells like peppers.
- Add the riced cauliflower and chicken broth to the skillet. Turn up the heat and cook until the broth is absorbed.
- Lower the heat and add the shrimp and sausage back to the pan. Sprinkle in the rest of seasoning and stir to coat.
- Mix in the peas. They’ll be bright green and add a terrific pop of color.
And you’re done!