- 12 oz fresh cranberries*
- 1/2T coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt**/li>
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2t baking powder
- 1/2t kosher salt
*Basically the entire bag. I used slightly fewer because I may have used a few as a garnish for a few cocktails I made earlier.
**I used Dannon Oikos Triple Zero yogurt. It has fiber and is much sweeter than regular fat-free greek yogurt. If you didn’t use this, I recommend using a full cup of sugar and tasting the batter to make sure it’s sweet enough. And you’re welcome for giving you a legitimate reason to eat cake batter.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Melt the coconut oil. (About 45 seconds in the microwave)
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with melted coconut oil to coat.
- Place cranberries on a foil lined pan and roast for 15 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when they soften (duh) and the most amazing smell comes out the oven when you open it.
- Mix the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract and vegetable oil until blended.
- Add sugar and continue to blend.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until just blended.
- Stir in cranberries.
- At some point, your cranberries should be done. At this point, drop the oven temp to 375F.
- Spray your pan with oil, and add the batter.
- Bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. I used a pan that makes 4 mini loaves.
*Serves 8, but I really like cake, so half a loaf works for me. Maybe for a regular person, it would be 16 servings and you can divide everything by 2.