- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1.5T salted butter*
- 2 cubes of frozen garlic or 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 85g chopped onion
- 1lb asparagus, cut – ends discarded
- 130g kale
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- seasoning mix**
*I was extra fancy and used European salted butter. Highly recommend it since the butter taste plays a big role in this recipe.
**I used McCormick’s salad supreme which contains cheese(!!!), salt, sesame seed, paprika, poppy seed, celery seed and garlic. Another seasoning mix with paprika also work well.
- Prepare gnocchi as directed on package.
- Drain and save a bit of the water.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, add garlic and onions and cook until nice and fragrant.
- Next, add the asparagus and cook until it starts to soften.
- Now add kale a small handful of kale. As it wilts and creates more room in the pan, add more kale. If the kale isn’t wilting, add a bit of the saved gnocchi water.
- Add chicken sausage and cook until hot.
- Finally, stir in the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle a few shakes of black pepper, red pepper flakes and your seasoning mix. Taste and add more seasoning as necessary.