Fresh figs are one of my favorite things. It’s a shame the season is so short and they have almost no shelf life. They are basically the gold fish of produce. One of my favorite things about this salad is how pretty it is. And it’s easy to make it look pretty. I wouldn’t make this as a meal prep salad jar salad, but fortunately, it’s pretty quick to throw together. (Although I did prep one in a tupperware as a lunch side, and it was pretty tasty once it warmed up to room temperature.)
- 1 cup (42.5g) arugula/wild rocket salad
- 50g blackberries (about 8)
- 100g sliced fresh figs
- 1/2oz (14g) goat cheese with honey
- 1T (15G) honey mustard yogurt salad dressing*
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Slice each fig into fours and bake in the oven 7-10 minutes.
- While the figs bake, spread arugula over a plate.
- Place blackberries and schmears of goat cheese on top of the leaves.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Remove figs from the oven and arrange on the plate.
- Serve, impress and eat!
*A Dijon mustard vinaigrette would also work here. I just happened to have the Bolthouse Farms honey mustard dressing at home.