- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 12oz jar salsa verde
- 1 can (15.50z) cannellini beans
- 10oz verde enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 10 Tumaro wraps*
*I like Tumaro’s wraps because they are low calorie, super high in fiber, soft and tasty. To make these enchiladas super verde, I used a package of green garden veggie wraps. (And two 9 grain chia wraps. There are only 8 wraps in a package.)
- Add the chicken breasts and jar of salsa to a crockpot. (Did I mention this is involved a crockpot? I hope you have a ton of time.)
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the crockpot and shred it.
- Place the remaining liquid in the crockpot and put in a saucepan. Simmer until reduced into a thick sauce.*
- In the bowl with the shredded chicken, add the reduced salsa, can of drained white beans, 1/4 cup of cheese, and 1/3 of the enchilada sauce. Mix until combined.
- You should probably turn on the oven around this time. 375F is the magic number.
- In a 9×13 pan, add 1/3 the enchilada sauce. Swirl to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly distribute the chicken mixture among the wraps.**
- Roll and nestle into the pan, seam side down.
- Cover the rolled and stuffed wraps with the remainder of the enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts. (About 20 minutes.)
*I buy my chicken from a regular grocery store and the breasts are usually pumped with water and all of that water comes out in the crockpot. I’ve read on the internet that if you buy chicken from an actual butcher, you don’t have these problems. So, if you buy fancy chicken, you can probably skip this step.